Plea2015 is looking for appropriate answers to real problems to be collected into a design guideline for players in the construction process and policymakers, who are required to lead the transformation towards more sustainable and resilient lives.
Take part of the (R)evolution in Architecture and submit your abstract in "MyPlea2015 - restricted Area" (registration required) by the 13th of February 2015, at 6:00pm (GMT+1).
Look at the demo below and see how the submission works.
The technical committee will evaluate your contribution based on the following criteria:
35% LEVEL OF SIGNIFICANCE
• Does the work address the "so-what" factor? Does it provide appropriate, relevant valid and feasible solutions to the social, environmental and economic challenges of today?
• Does the content of the abstract validate the selection of (R)solutions and challenges made by the author?
25% LEVEL OF INNOVATIVENESS
• Does the work present new data, theories, knowledge, methods or techniques?
• Is the conclusion of the work of high importance for the future of its specific topic?
20% QUALITY OF WORK
• Does the abstract seem complete?
• Is a clearly logical structure evident?
• Are the conclusions supported by the results?
• Are the objectives met or the hypotheses supported?
20% QUALITY OF PRESENTATION
• Does the title of the article reflect the content of the abstract accurately?
• Is the writing style clear?
• The work must be original and not published previously.
• To submit your abstract you agree that if your paper is selected, then you will attend the PLEA 2015 Conference.
• You may submit up to 1 abstract as the first author and participate as a coauthor on an unlimited number of abstracts.
• To submit your abstract you confirm to have/that one of the co-authors has a command of English at least on level B2 (understanding, speaking, writing). https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/resources/european-language-levels-cefr
• There is no age limit. There is no limit to the number of the team members.
• Generic research, buildings and products in themselves are not sufficient. In order to be accepted, you are required to clearly state which is your contribute to the improvement of knowledge and to the main goal of Plea2015.
• The abstract must follow the template format provided (see PLEA2015_Annex 3.doc) and the abstract style points (see PLEA2015_Abstract Guidelines.pdf).
Awards and acknowledgments
• The selected solutions (in the form of paper or poster) will be presented during the PLEA 2015 Conference. There will be parallel sessions, poster sessions and expert panel discussions.
• The admitted works will be published in the book of abstracts which will be distributed during the Conference.
• Special awards will be assigned to the best paper and poster.
• The review process will be divided into two categories, one for the Scientific/Research works and one for the Applied Research/Practice works.
• The final submission and presentation formats will also be different, however, at the abstract stage there is only one format.